Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fighting The Villain


I just discovered this band a couple of weeks ago but I wanted to talk about them and get the word out because this is a critical time for them.
FTV are a 5-member pop/rock band out of Hayward, CA.  I want to go in to more detail about them, but honestly I'm still learning about them. I do love their sound however and I really admire their DIY spirit. They're operating on a shoestring budget and they've still come out with some really professional tracks.

I'm trying not to compare them to other female fronted bands, but I'm thinking they wouldn't mind me saying that they do remind me a bit of Hey Monday! but mixed with a sound all their own. I love Caitlyn's vocals, she's got a very powerful, yet sweet voice, but I also really notice some exceptional instrumental work in their songs as well.
They've already released an EP "First Impression" and recently released a new single "Last Goodbye" which is the song that got me hooked.

So, this brings me to the reason I felt compelled to post this profile so soon. They're trying to raise enough money to replace their touring van. Their bassist is unemployed and the rest of the band are barely making ends meet, so this is a huge thing. Go listen to them, if you like them, buy their album, or please donate to their Kickstarter (there are some amazing incentives for you to choose from)

Edit: as I was writing this, I discovered that they have reached their Kickstarter goal, but don't let that stop you from helping. The more money, the better the van, and you're definitely getting a good return on your investment :)

So here is their Kickstarter page http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274167066/do-you-want-to-be-a-part-of-our-touring-life
and here are the other important links Facebook Twitter YouTube iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment