Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, April 29, 2011

Adora


I'm way overdue in saying something about Adora. This Chicago-based band has an amazing sound and I think they are destined for great things. So while I try to come up with the right words, here are the facts.

Adora is: 
Stormie Rae - Lead Vocals, Guitar
Keith Pink - Piano, Percussion, Vocals
Chris Eckstrum- Drumset, Programming
Michael Drew - Guitar, Vocals

Their EP "Save Yourself" was released late last year and it's been on my playlist ever since I bought it. They're all amazing musicians, and Stormie's vocals are a perfect mesh. Sweet without being sugary, powerful without screaming. She commands attention, and she and the band deliver.

If you're in Chicago, or one of the other cities in the area where they perform, check them out. Unfortunately being on the west coast, I've had to settle for watching their live videos on YouTube.

They've recently managed to raise enough funds through fan donations to start working on more new music, and this brings up something I'm going to address in a later post. I think the trend of fan-sponsored albums/tours is the way of the future in indie music.
By the way, if anyone reading this feels inclined to dismiss Stormie because she's female, I'd suggest you don't. She's a force to be reckoned with.

I've probably rambled enough about them, I think I should just shut up and let their music do the talking.


Check them out on Facebook Tumblr YouTube Twitter and iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment