Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Alexz Johnson - Reloaded!


I first discovered Alexz when her show "Instant Star" was on the air, and I fell in love with her voice. The "Instant Star" soundtracks are still some of my all-time favorite albums, and when I heard that she was signed to Epic Records and was going to release an album of her own work I was so excited, of course, if you've been following her career, her album was shelved because of a shake-up at Epic. (As a side note, Alexz has stated that she has almost gotten all the rights back to the songs that would have been on her Epic album, so hopefully she'll release those soon)

This would probably have stopped some people, but not Alexz, she went the indie route and recorded "Voodoo" which was/is a brilliant album but arguably not commercial enough (I disagree with this) so Alexz, with the production help of The Demolition Crew, re-mixed all the songs from "Voodoo" and in my opinion, they did an amazing job, and as of today, "Reloaded" has been unleashed on the world!

I admire Alexz so much, she didn't let any setbacks stop her. She's determined to get her music out there, and didn't need a stinking label to do it.

So go listen! if you like what you hear please support her by buying one of her packages, or at least buy "Reloaded" on iTunes
Alexz's Official Site Facebook Twitter

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Je t'aime beaucoup <3

Jerod Jones said...

Don't forget about So Weird. When she started singing on that show I knew she was gonna do well.

Post a Comment