Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stephanie Schneiderman - Rubber Teardrop


It's time I recognized some local Portland, Oregon talent. My wife and I first saw Stephanie when we were visiting Portland in 1999 and saw her perform at Lilith Fair and we were taken by her amazing voice and talent. A couple years later we moved here and we've been watching Stephanie's career ever since. She's been a fixture of Portland music either on her own or with the trio "Dirty Martini" Recent years have produced a new sound for her and I personally love it.

Starting with the 2008 release of "Dangerous Fruit" Stephanie has been collaborating with producer/electronic musician Keith Schriner for a more electronic edge to her music, and it's a combination that works amazingly well. Her latest album "Rubber Teardrop" had it's official release party last night (May 6th) and my wife and I were honored to be in attendance. "Rubber Teardrop is an extraordinary album with a unique sound that demands attention. Stephanie deserves to be much more than a local artist, this album is something the whole world needs to hear.

Stephanie completely funded this album from a Kickstarter campaign, where her fans and supporters donated toward all the expenses involved with mixing, mastering, manufacturing, etc. this album. I honesty think that Kickstarter and other crowdsourcing funding sites like it are the future for the independent artist.

As always, I'm not going to pick it apart and tell you why you should listen, just follow the links I post and decide for yourself. I'm certain you'll love it, and if you do, let others know.

Stephanie's Website (where you can stream Rubber Teardrop) Facebook Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment