Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Darling Parade


Nashville based Darling Parade is one of those bands that frankly, deserve to be better known than they are. I'd put them up against any pop/rock band out there. Excellent songwriting, strong instrumentals and impressive vocals. Then again, I guess that's the point of this blog, to get the word out :)

Darling Parade are:
Kristin Kearns - Vocals
Adam Hatfield - Guitar
Nate McCoy- Bass
Casey Conrad - Drums

They've released two EPs "Darling Parade" and "What You Want" - and while I think the standout tracks are "Change" and "Far Away" all the songs are excellent.

I absolutely adore Kristin Kearns vocals, and I've heard comparisons to Paramore's Hayley Williams and Hey Monday's Cassadee Pope, but I don't see it myself. Kristin's voice is deeper and richer and well-suited for the style of music.

If you like strong female vocalists and catchy, meaningful songs, you should do yourself a favor and pick up their EPs on iTunes.

Also check out their Twitter and Facebook and if they're playing in your area, go see them!

1 comment:

NEELY said...

Your opening line "Nashville based Darling Parade is one of those bands that frankly, deserve to be better known than they are." is the honest to goodness truth! Thing is...these guys are even better live!!!

Post a Comment