Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Samantha Darnell - The Art Of Breaking Hearts

Maryland based Samantha Darnell is someone who exemplifies what I was talking about in my last post. She has worked hard for everything she's accomplished so far, and I've got nothing but respect for her. In a world of prefab pop stars, Sam is a character, in the best possible sense. You get the feeling that even if she was pressured to be someone she isn't, it just wouldn't happen.
She has said that she doesn't have "fans" she has "frans" and she doesn't lie. She is very open and friendly with her "frans" and I've been delighted to have been able to communicate with her on something more than a "celebrity tweet" level. 

On the surface, you might be tempted to take her music lightly but listen closely, behind the sweet voice lies serious songwriting and real emotion. She's someone that shows up rarely in music, she's honest, and it comes though in her lyrics and vocals. If you listen, you'll be convinced that she's got a huge future ahead. Her debut EP "The Art Of Breaking Hearts" was recently released, and it's well worth the purchase. From the ode to summertime break-ups "Summer Boys" to the electrifying "I Didn't Steal Your Girlfriend" - where Sam out-Katy's Ms. Perry :) It's an amazing bunch of songs, but don't take my word for it, go check out her Facebook page and listen for yourself. If you like it, please buy it at iTunes and while you're at it, go ahead and check out her MySpace and Twitter as well :)

Recently I was privileged to become her street team leader for Oregon, so you definitely haven't seen the last mention of Sam on my blog, I'm hoping to promote her here, and am trying to brainstorm some kind of contest in the near future. Also, who knows, if she's willing, I might even try to get an interview at some point ;) (no pressure, Sam)

No comments:

Post a Comment