Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, May 13, 2011

Chiara Young

A friend of mine introduced me to Toronto-based Chiara Young's music a few weeks ago, and I bought her EP off iTunes and I've been listening to it recently, but what prompted me to feature her on my blog was actually watching one of her Stickam chats. She honestly blew me away, someone who can sound that good, not only live, but with iffy streaming audio, is a real singer in my book. Also, she was completely charming during the chat, it's always nice to see musicians who don't take themselves too seriously and know how to be themselves.

Her current EP is called "They Must Be Dreaming" and it shows a lot of Chiara's potential. The songs are catchy, and while there is some auto-tuning, it suits the music and doesn't cover up her excellent voice. I think my favorite track is the title track and "Hearts In Hands" , but they're all very good, and fun to listen to. They would be a good addition to anyone's summer playlist.

I know she's got a lot of things in the works for the coming months, and I'm sure we're going to see and hear a lot more from Chiara soon!


So go check out her music below, and then be sure to check out her website, Facebook and Twitter

Latest tracks by chiarayoung

No comments:

Post a Comment