Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Julie Corrigan


This post is a little more difficult to write than I thought. I've been following Julie's career for quite sometime and I'd like to think I've gotten to know her at least to some degree, and it's tough trying to describe all that she has to offer in a simple blog post. 
Let's get the details out of the way, she's Ottawa, Ontario based, beautiful, talented and extremely sweet.

I guess the first thing I should mention is that voice. Julie has one of the purest voices I've ever heard. I'm honestly not always a  fan of people covering other people's music but when Julie does it she really puts her own stamp on the song and it's always a pleasure to listen to. Check out the YouTube links at the bottom of this post to see what I'm talking about. I bet you'll wind up smiling when you're finished.
Now, she's not all cover songs. She's released a few original songs, including her debut EP "Been Through the Fall" (available on iTunes) and they're extremely good, so good, in fact that they really make me wish that she'd release a full album of original material someday. 

 Besides her voice, Julie plays a mean guitar, is a great songwriter, and is utterly charming. She deserves to hit it big someday, and I've got a selfish reason for hoping it happens, I want to see her live! :)

So let me finish this up with a few links of interest and then please take the time to watch some of her YouTube videos, I think they'll convince you of her talent more than my words will.











No comments:

Post a Comment