Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, April 15, 2011

And so it begins

Well, here we go. I guess the first thing to do is make a statement about what I'm trying to do with this blog, and what to expect in the future.

I'm not sure if people really realize what an amazing time it is to be a music fan. I've discovered so many amazing independent artists just in the last couple of years, and have had the privilege of being able to talk to many of them through Twitter and Facebook. Go back twenty years and this would have been unheard of. Local artists were just that, tied to a certain geographical area, unless they got very lucky or very popular and caught the eye of a major label.

Nowadays  I've discovered bands and singers from all over the U.S., Canada, Europe, Australia, etc. and we're talking amazingly talented people, and they're not waiting for a label to discover them, they're doing everything from recording, to merchandising, to promotion all on their own, and this is the main reason I've started this blog, to be able to say more about them than what I could squeeze in to a Tweet or a Facebook post.

Now a couple of disclaimers, I'm going to be a bit biased on here, so don't expect hard-hitting reviews. I'll be talking about bands that have caught my eye and ears and I already appreciate. Also, I have a certain preference for female singers, so my main focus will be on either solo female performers, or female-fronted bands. Also, on occasion, I might drift over to artists that have been signed but still have that indie spirit, and hopefully you'll agree with me.

I know this place is a little bare-bones right now, as I learn more about Blogger, hopefully I'll be able to make things a little prettier, but as always, my focus is going to be on the music.

I'll try to have my first couple of band profiles up later this weekend. So stick around, it's going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment