Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Margot MacDonald


Margot is one of those artists I appreciate and admire but unfortunately haven't gotten to know very well, and that's a big mistake on my part. Of course, being on the other side of the country does give me a little bit of an excuse. I do adore her music, and I guess that's what matters most :)

So, first a little background. Margot MacDonald is a Washington, DC based singer/songwriter who has been performing since a young age. Her first album "Rising" was released when she was just 12 years old. She first came to my attention not long after the release of her second album "Torn" in 2007 when she was 15. I was blown away when I heard this powerful rock voice coming out of this girl's mouth and with the release of "Walls" in 2009 I was even more impressed and also surprised that she's managed to basically remain a regional phenomenon. From what I've seen, she performs A LOT but isn't well known outside the general area.

Now at 19, Margot just might be getting a chance to show the rest of the U.S. and maybe the world what she can do. She's recently launched a fundraiser to help fund her next album, this is her chance to really create an album that is uniquely hers and hopefully also raise enough money to tour farther than she has in the past and I'd like to help her achieve that goal because I think she deserves the chance. Margot has the voice, the skill, and the drive to be a huge success, now all she needs is the opportunity.

Please, take the chance to see what she has to say about her vision and then listen to her music, and decide for yourself. I think you'll come to the same conclusion I have.
 
Her fundraising site is here also check out (and buy) her music on iTunes and Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment