Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Karmina


I started listening to Karmina (sisters  Kamille and Kelly Rudisil) with the release of their "The Kiss" EP back in 2007 and their full length album "Backwards Into Beauty" in 2008, and while I did love their music, for whatever reason, I lost track of what they were doing musically until just a couple of months ago. I discovered they had released a new EP "Car Train Ship Plane" in May 2011 (on their own KKR label) and after listening to it, I remembered why I had loved these girls in the first place.

The first thing you will notice are their amazing harmonies, but that's only the icing. The real treat is their songwriting. There isn't a bad song on their new EP, they're all wonderful, emotional and catchy as hell. My own personal favorite tracks being the beautiful "Go To Paris" and the powerful "Marching Now".

They've just come off a European tour and have an upcoming StageIt! show on September 8th and hopefully more shows to come. I'd love the opportunity to see them in person someday.

Please check out "Car Train Ship Plane" and their other music on iTunes - You won't be disappointed!

Also please check out Karmina's Official Site, Facebook and follow them on Twitter!



No comments:

Post a Comment